Koh Samet Shopping
What to Buy in Koh Samet
Koh Samet is one place in Thailand where shopping is more of an afterthought than the highlight of a trip. Any goods on the island must be transported by boat from the mainland, so expect to pay a lot more than the normal price for every item.
Price is not the only issue here. The shopping selection is limited to brightly coloured beachwear, flip-flops, toiletries, bug sprays, inflatable beach tubes, bags of snacks and canned drinks. Imagine a convenience store or makeshift, thatch-covered stalls where everything is displayed in no particular order.
Another place where you’ll find shopping on the go is on the beach, particularly those with a high concentration of tourists like Sai Kaew, Ao Vong Duen and Ao Phai. Hawkers will come up to you and offer all kinds of items, from flowery sarongs and hats to grilled eggs and dried squid. Even if you don’t need anything, they come around so often that you will eventually buy a thing or two just to get them out of your face.Read More
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Khao Yai National Park Full Day Tour
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Guided Ayutthaya Tour with River Cruise & Lunch
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission