Everything you Need to Know about Koh Samet
Named after the ‘Samet’ trees (Thai for cajeput trees), which grow on the island in abundance, Koh Samet offers all the essential elements that make up a fun-filled holiday escape – an endless expanse of turquoise blue sea, crescent bays with fine white sand, lots of water sports and a throbbing nightlife. Koh Samet has significantly less rainfall than other Thai destinations but visitors get soaked anyway – in the sea.
Only a three-hour drive from Bangkok and about 45 minutes by ferry from Ban Phe Pier on the mainland, the island is usually packed with visitors on weekends and long holidays. A whole range of accommodations, from beachfront bungalows to cliff-top luxury resorts cater to equally diverse groups of tourists. Walk-ins are not advised on weekends, as the entire island’s accommodation is usually fully booked.
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Khao Yai National Park Full Day Tour
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Guided Ayutthaya Tour with River Cruise & Lunch
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission