Khao Yai Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Khao Yai
Being a nature-oriented getaway destination, Khao Yai offers little when it comes to nightlife although a handful of resorts may have a bar area that stays open until late. The feel is more relaxed and chilled out with soft CD music in the background or none at all, which makes sense since most visitors come to Khao Yai for its nature and wildlife instead of a wild party. If you plan to camp out in Khao Yai National Park, a campfire party is a surefire option. Bring your own drink, though, as alcohol sales are prohibited inside the national park.
But if you are a hardcore party type and can’t do without, then there are a few places that might cut it. Expect a local crowd and performances by local rock bands.
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Khao Yai National Park Full Day Tour
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Guided Ayutthaya Tour with River Cruise & Lunch
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission
Pulsating music, live rock band on stage and jam-packed dance floor are the three givens at this hardcore party establishment. Housed inside Charlize Resort, this happening pub starts filling up well after sunset and rages on until after midnight. It’s where college students and revelers from neighbouring provinces gather for a wild night out. Cheap mixed cocktails, blacks and mixers add to the crowd-pleasing factor.
- Location: Old Mitrapab Road (near Chokchai Farm)
- Price Range: Affordable
Sala Bar – Sala Khaoyai
The setting is everything at this hilltop bar. Part of the seven-room resort Sala Khaoyai, Sala Bar offers unobtrusive 360-degree panoramas of surrounding valleys and hills. Chill out on the alfresco terrace, peppered with oversized daybeds and cushioned loungers, accompanied by soft lounge music in the background. The drinks selection includes beers, cocktails and wines from both around the world and Khao Yai’s own backyards.
- Location: Off Thanarat Road, towards the end of the Khao Paeng Ma-Khao Yai route
- Price Range: Luxurious
Sky Bar – Veravian Resort
Stargazers will find this hilltop bar an ideal place to chill out. Imagine plush cushions, beanbags and low tables all scattered about on a sizable lawn atop the resort’s hill. Enjoy a diverse range of cocktails, martinis and other drinks as you while away the evening at your own pleasure.
- Location: Wang Nam Kheo (foot of Khao Paeng Ma)
- Price Range: Affordable