Everything you Need to Know about Kanchanaburi
While it’s tempting to dramatise Kanchanaburi’s World War II history, there is in fact so much more to the city than the popular trios: Death Railway, Bridge over the River Kwae (Kwai) and the Allied War Cemetery. The city offers a range of delightful diversions, whether bamboo rafting journeys along the River Kwae, Khmer temple ruins tour, or a day out shopping at the gemstone village. The scenic riverside area sets the stage for a leisurely stroll but can also become loud at night due to music from karaoke bars and discos.
Although a year-round destination, the best time to visit Kanchanaburi is November to February, when temperatures are relatively cooler than the rest of the year. In the peak of summer (April), Kanchanaburi is one of the hottest places to be, so it’s best to avoid coming during that time.
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Khao Yai National Park Full Day Tour
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Guided Ayutthaya Tour with River Cruise & Lunch
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission