Travel and Local Information Guide
Ayutthaya’s urban grid layout may seem simple enough, but you will find yourself easily lost once you make a wrong turn.
From Highway 309, the Chao Sam Phraya roundabout is the main intersection before you cross the bridge to the inner city. Continue west of here, Highway 309 turns into Rochana Road, the main thoroughfare that cuts through the island from east to west. From Rochana Road, turn right at Srisanphet Road, which soon turns into Naresuan Road, and you’ll find yourself inside Ayutthaya Historical Park. U-Thong Road encircles the inner city and runs parallel to the rivers.
If you don’t drive, the easiest way to get around the inner city areas is to hire a tuk-tuk (motorised three-wheeler) from the train station. Negotiate a price for one-day or half-day hire and also discuss all the sites you would like to visit with the driver before hopping on one. Long-tail express boats are pricier but a more exciting way to visit riverside temples and communities. Bicycling is also a good transportation choice, particularly when touring the Ayutthaya Historical Park.Read More
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Khao Yai National Park Full Day Tour
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Guided Ayutthaya Tour with River Cruise & Lunch
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission