Driving is still the best way to get to Amphawa, especially if you plan to venture outside the floating market area. Otherwise, take a public van, which leaves regularly from the Victory Monument in Bangkok, to Mae Klong Market, then ask around for a public bus that heads for Amphawa Floating Market.
For those who don’t drive but would like to explore a wider area around the Mae Klong estuary, taking a long-tail boat tour might be a good option. The downside is that you need to follow a fixed tour route, which doesn’t allow much flexibility to go off on your own, unless you charter the entire boat.
- Sea Kayaking at Ang Thong Marine Park
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Zipline Tour
- Flight of the Gibbon™ Chonburi Zipline Tour
- Khao Yai National Park Full Day Tour
- Elephant Trekking Adventure at Siam Safari
- Elephant Trekking at Siam Safari with Meal
- Elephant Trekking, Whitewater Rafting, & 4-Wheel-Drive Quest
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Guided Ayutthaya Tour with River Cruise & Lunch
- Simon Cabaret Show Admission